Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Yesterday's Cow?

In town there is a store called "Yesterday's Tree". It always bothered me and I thought it was a horrible name for a business! They obviously sell wooden furniture and such. My husband and
I were talking about it as we passed the storefront and it occured to me that it wasn't such a terrible name after all. I was bothered because it was such a slap-in-the-face reminder that every piece of paper, every bookshelf, etc. was once a tree. Ok, yes, it is obvious, but we easily forget where our modern conveniences come from.

I thought that if the food we eat came with such a clear, obvious reminder....maybe it would be easier to make choices that make a difference in our health and in our world. For instance, if veal was called "yesterday's baby cow" or "yesterday's calf who lived in a room so small it couldn't move so you could eat it's tender body"...just think of that.

Just my thoughts today.

Visit my website www.RawAnanda.com

No comments: