Thursday, November 16, 2006

Raw Quickie

Yay! I'm just establishing my raw blog here. I'd love to share with those who are new to this Raw Food thang. I'm interested in breaking out of those labels and boxes that sometimes are imposed upon people who are interested in their health and healing to this degree.

Yes, well after several months of total wonderful success, I have finally hit one of those places where it is difficult to get back on track with my raw-ness. I feel the difference too. My foggy head and cravings for peanut butter granola bars are a clear sign! BAH! I made the mistake of not having enough of MY food in the house (my husband and I don't eat the same things). I've been busy doing other stuff when I should've been preparing food for myself to have for quick meals and snacking.
I love to prepare food. LOVE IT!!! I usually keep my fridge and freezer stocked with yummies like cashew hummus, brownies, orange-cream pudding, ice cream...all raw vegan and delicious! Loving the food you eat and actually having it around is so key to any successful change of diet. It seems so basic, but it requires thought and planning.
Ok, yes, regular ice cream was once my absolutely favorite food. I would eat it for breakfast sometimes. Within the past week I actually had some of my husband's ice cream. It had been months and months since I'd had anything like that. You know what happened? Well, the Earth didn't shake, I didn't have an orgasm, it was really no big deal at all. I mean, it was OK but it didn't set me off on a frenzy and I didn't head for the store to buy all the Ben and Jerry's in the store freezer. What a relief! Sometimes I will have some of my peach-raspberry ice cream for dinner and it is so wonderful to enjoy it and know that it is actually something my body wants. I'm addicted to that feeling. I suppose I can still say that ice cream is one of my favorite things in the world, just not the kind most people eat. LOL.

No comments: